Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Aroma Therapy

I had one of those days. You know, those days where you wake up in the morning and the blah is palpable in the air. Your eyes haven't been open for more than a few moments, and in spite of all your efforts to put on your positive attitude you come to the realization of the truth. It's just one of those days.

I donned a sweater and a pair of slacks, and wished that I could trade them in for a ratty pair of jeans and an old T-shirt with a great big green drool stain from that hoofed animal I loved the most. I was running late for work and made a quick PB&J and headed out the door into the dimly lit morning.

There once was a time when then only thing that could compel me to get out of bed before the sun was knowing a barn full of hungry horses waited for me. It always made happy to open the barn door and hear a chorus of horses herald my arrival. I know they where only calling for their food but it made me feel a little bit special.

The people at the call center where I am held in interment for the larger part of the day don't greet me like that. I plop down in office chair only to discover that some one has traded my good chair for one of the broken ones. I mutter and steal someone else's chair, finally ready to spend a fun filled day fixing computers and talking to people who can't figure out how to plug their computer into a wall, or click and drag.

Fortunately heaven decided to pour a little sunshine down and interrupt the grey monotony of the day. Sometimes when there aren't enough technology illiterate people calling for assistance the call center will send people home. I was sent and was rather happy about it.

Since I had some unusual free time I went to the DMV to finally renew my plates, which expired in January. The DMV is rather close to the barn where Fame was boarded after I left the show barn. After Fame passed I avoided going to stables for a time. I kept on avoiding them for fear that I would get all sappy and weepy or do something stupid like buy another horse, which I cannot afford to do.

Despite my trepidation I eventually found my self pulling up that familiar drive way. I parked and stepped out of my dumpy Chev Cavalier. I inhaled deeply. If happy had a smell it would smell like a farm.

Best cure for the blah.

No comments: